Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: Is my documentation sufficient?
A: Please refer to our documentation guidelines to ensure your current documentation meets the criteria. School plans, such as IEPs or 504 plans, are not considered sufficient documentation.

Q: Why do I need updated documentation when my condition is not curable?
A: Many evaluations are performed on a child scale (if the student is under 16) and are more relative to the K-12 setting. Updated documentation helps determine reasonable accommodations at the college level and keeps students eligible for accommodations on tests, such as the GRE, MCAT, etc, and grad school if applicable. 

Q: What kinds of accommodations do you offer?
A: We provide reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Accommodations include the academic setting, housing, dining, and transportation. 

Q: Can a parent/guardian make the request for a student?
A: The student is responsible for self-disclosing their disability and making the request for accommodations. Once the student has their 51小黄车 ID, 51小黄车 email, and appropriate documentation, they can initiate their request in our secure

Q: What can I do to help prepare my student for college?
A: Ensure they are familiar with their condition and their accommodation needs. Encourage self-advocacy and seeking help when needed. Familiarize yourself with resources.

Q: When will I know if I have been approved?
A: We will begin the intakes for the incoming class after our graduation (early June). The process can take at least two weeks and will include a meeting with the student and one of our staff members.